What is the best way to programmatically select all rows in

Posted by bheavican on 10-Jun-2009 14:37

What is the best way to programmatically select all rows in the ultragrid grid?

According to Infragistics, (http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=6546) this is the best approach:

In C#

this.ultraGrid1.Selected.Rows.AddRange((UltraGridRow[])this.ultraGrid1.Rows.All);

In VB

Me.UltraGrid1.Selected.Rows.AddRange(CType(Me.UltraGrid1.Rows.All, UltraGridRow()))

Has anyone had any luck converting this code to Progress?  I'm assuming it's something simple that I'm missing but I haven't found it yet.

TIA

Progress 10.2A, GUI for .NET

All Replies

Posted by Steve Croff on 10-Jun-2009 14:51

Not sure if this is the *best* way, but...

Select all:

ultraGrid1:Selected:Rows:AddRange(UltraGrid1:Rows:GetAllNonGroupByRows()).

Deselect all:

ultraGrid1:Selected:Rows:Clear().

Hope this helps.

Posted by Peter Judge on 16-Jun-2009 11:38

You should simply be able to do the below. Unfortunately there's a bug (logged) which prevents you from doing so.

using Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.*.

ultraGrid1:Selected:Rows:AddRange(cast(ultraGrid1:Rows:All,"UltraGridRow[]")).

So while that may be more informative than actually useful at this time, I thought it'd be good to know for future reference.

-- peter

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 08-Sep-2009 18:29

Peter,

When I add your sample code is does not compile.

THIS-OBJECT:gridItem:Selected:Rows:AddRange(CAST (THIS-OBJECT:gridItem:Rows:All, UltraGridRow[] ) ).

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 08-Sep-2009 18:42

Roger, did you miss the part where he said "Unfortunately there's a bug (logged) which prevents you from doing so."

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 09-Sep-2009 08:30

Apparently so. Reviewing the thread on a Blackberry is sometimes difficult to do. Thanks for the comment and clarification.

Posted by Admin on 09-Sep-2009 22:18

You should simply be able to do the below. Unfortunately there's a bug (logged) which prevents you from doing so.

Peter, any info when that issue will be fixed?

Posted by Admin on 09-Sep-2009 22:19

Apparently so. Reviewing the thread on a Blackberry is sometimes difficult to do. Thanks for the comment and clarification.

That may be challenging. But what works pretty nicely now is to reply to a thread from a mobile phone (iPhone) using the reply via email function.

I wish someone officially announced that as a new feature of the board software rather than letting us try it out.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 10-Sep-2009 06:32

Hey, thanks...pretty cool.

Posted by Peter Judge on 10-Sep-2009 08:52

Peter, any info when that issue will be fixed?

All indications are that OE00186347 will be fixed in 10.2B.

-- peter

This thread is closed