Embedding an ABL Window in OE GUI.NET Form

Posted by dsummers@atmsplc.com on 20-Oct-2009 06:40

I have seen many examples of embedding an ABL window into a GUI.Net form, including autoedge, all of which are not .NET (MDI Child) forms that have been created through the eclipse UI designer. I am interested in knowing if and how anyone has managed to do this. I have created a child form in the designer, added a window container component and then tried to follow the same basics as used in other examples found. The problem I keep getting (when performing the winContainer:embed function I think!) is that it keeps saying that winContainer has already been realised. Any help or working examples would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Oct-2009 06:56

The proper place for setting the embedded window handle is in the method library included in the .w file. The window will get realized as soon as the AppBuilder generated code starts setting the HIDDEN or VISIBLE properties etc.. The method library is the only place you can influence where the window widget is already defined but not yet realized.

Posted by dsummers@atmsplc.com on 20-Oct-2009 06:59

Mike

Thanks for your reply. I am a bit new to the .NET GUI, do you have a basic example you could send that I could look at? (sorry to be a leech!)

This thread is closed