Basic web services infrastructure

Posted by Admin on 20-Oct-2009 10:07

Hi all,
I'm installing a basic web services infra (In OE 10.1A context). I found an old doc concerning this stuff: "Configuring the Web Services Adapter — with Apache and Tomcat" from John Sullivan, Senior Technical Support Engineer, March 2004.

The doc deals with installation of Web Services Adapter with an Apache server and JSE - Tomcat server.

- I would like to know if it's the only way to do that ? 
- If it's the best way ?
- And if anyone of you know if the doc I found has a more recent version ?

TIA
Mo.

All Replies

Posted by rbf on 20-Oct-2009 10:18

There is an up-to-date description of how to install tomcat+apache+web services adapter in my book 'Making Progress With Ajax' available on

http://www.futureproofsoftware.com/cms/index.php?page=books

Posted by Admin on 20-Oct-2009 10:22

First of all, I'd suggest that you use a different forum for this request. It does not seem to be GUI related...

mharrata schrieb:

Hi all,
I'm installing a basic web services infra (In OE 10.1A context). I found an old doc concerning this stuff: "Configuring the Web Services Adapter — with Apache and Tomcat" from John Sullivan, Senior Technical Support Engineer, March 2004.

The doc deals with installation of Web Services Adapter with an Apache server and JSE - Tomcat server.

- I would like to know if it's the only way to do that ? 
- If it's the best way ?
- And if anyone of you know if the doc I found has a more recent version ?

TIA
Mo.

Instead of TomCat any other JSE would do. There used to be documentation available for Allaire JRun.

Sonic ESB would be another (larger) option.

This is my preferred documentation for TomCat: http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-35058

Posted by Admin on 20-Oct-2009 13:13

First of all, I'd suggest that you use a different forum for this request. It does not seem to be GUI related...

Hoops, I'm sorry...

Thanks for the answer...How to Configure Tomcat for OpenEdge Development

This thread is closed