Is there an OE setting to compile on the fly?

Posted by jquerijero on 21-Dec-2009 15:01

After cleaning the project the next Run seems to compile all the source code even those that you aren't probably going to use. It is possible to have OE compile on the fly?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 22-Dec-2009 07:45

On the main ide menu, unselect project->build automatically to turn off the builder.

Then from the preferences under window->preferences->run/debug->launching turn off the option to "build before launching" so the build won't run before running a program.

mattB

Posted by Matt Baker on 22-Dec-2009 07:47

You can also turn off the save of r-code from project->preferences->build.  This still runs the builder, but the r-code won't be generated.

NOTE that neither of these is recommended.  OEA requires r-code for debugging and content assistance.  If you turn off the builder you will greatly reduce the functionality of both of these features.

Posted by jquerijero on 22-Dec-2009 08:47

I'm just looking for a way to have OE compile on demand.

Posted by Peter Judge on 22-Dec-2009 08:51

Is something like Prefs > OEA > Editor > Build > Compile On Save If Required what you're looking for?

-- peter

Posted by jquerijero on 22-Dec-2009 09:43

It's more like compile only if needed. My project includes quite a few linked directories to our production code location which can have tons of files. Currently it will try to recompile the full project during launch (specially if you Clean the project). I would like it to not to do that but instead compile only the source code that I'm going to run into while running the code. It can do the out-of-date or r-code presence checks at that time.

This thread is closed