How to use EnterEditMode in class Infragistics.Win.UltraWinL

Posted by agent_008_nl on 19-Feb-2010 06:49

Hi,

I have an active item in my ultralistview that I want to make "updatable". I found EnterEditMode in the classbrowser. How do I get this to work? See the definitions in the classbrowser below.

Thanks, Stefan.

PUBLIC VARIABLE EnterEditMode AS Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction

Member  of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction

Summary:
Enumeration  which contains constants that identify the actions that can be performed on the  Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListView control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLASS UltraListViewAction FINAL :

Member of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView

Inherits System.Enum

Implements System.IComparable, System.IFormattable, System.IConvertible

Summary:
Enumeration  which contains constants that identify the actions that can be performed on the  Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListView control.

ABL  Syntax:

• USING
    USING  Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction.
    DEFINE VARIABLE class1  AS CLASS UltraListViewAction.
    class1 = NEW UltraListViewAction().

• DEFINE
    DEFINE VARIABLE class1 AS CLASS  Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction.
    class1 = NEW  Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction().

All Replies

Posted by agent_008_nl on 19-Feb-2010 07:04

It seems that I have to use PerformAction on the listview,  my question becomes: how do you create that parameter?

METHOD PUBLIC FINAL logical PerformAction  (actionCode AS CLASS Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction)

Member  of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListView

Summary:
Control  which emulates the look and feel of the .NET ListView control.

Posted by Admin on 19-Feb-2010 07:10

It seems that I have to use PerformAction on the listview,  my question becomes: how do you create that parameter?

It's an Enum, and as such it has static members:

ultraListView1:PerformAction (Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.UltraListViewAction:EnterEditMode) . 

So no need / ability to create the parameter.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 19-Feb-2010 07:37

Thanks, that at least compiles. My active item is not updatable though, I'll search a bit further.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 19-Feb-2010 08:16

Question answered. I use BeginEdit() on the item now, that works. PerformAction on the listview returned false. No idea why, but BeginEdit() is perfect. Lets call PerformAction the not working workaround in this case. ;-)

This thread is closed