Designer Mode .NET

Posted by Aliaksandr Tarasevich on 02-Mar-2010 07:55

Hi,

Is there any way how I can turn on Design Mode (like in Visual Designer) at run-time in my created form (Progress 10.2B)? I found a way how I can resize/move controls inside the form
at run time, but I have some problems with UltraTextEditor, resizing is working, but I can't move this control (with mouse), looks like when you are in active zone (where Caret is blinking)
this control changes its behaviour. If I change the size of TextBoxEditor and then click on white zone when it's inactive (without Caret) - I can easily move this control.

Thank you!

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 02-Mar-2010 10:19

The design surface itself provides the alternate behavior that allows to drag'n'drop controls using the mouse.  The design surface uses a completely different model of how things are represented compared to a normal running form.  There is no true"design mode" of a form that you would find useful at runtime.

If you are looking to do alternate layouts for different languages, then you can use local specific layouts by setting the Localizable property of the form to true.

Posted by jquerijero on 03-Mar-2010 17:26

You can implement the IDesignerHost interface to create a Visual Studio like design surface at run-time.

Posted by Aliaksandr Tarasevich on 04-Mar-2010 06:34

You can implement the IDesignerHost interface to create a Visual Studio like design surface at run-time.

thank you, guys! yep, that's what I try to use at this moment. Looks like IDesigner is the best solution for me.

This thread is closed