-useOSLocale OpenEdge problem

Posted by Admin on 31-Mar-2010 03:17

Good day!

I just installed new Openedge 10.2B development environment.

New Run time configuration with the following options (Culture tab page) throws some exception:

1. Use defaults - UNCHECKED
  2. Use OS Locale - CHECKED
  3. Case Table - Basic
  4. Collation table - Croatian
  5. Date format - dmy
  6. Year offset - 1950
  7. Fractional separator - 44
  8. Decimal separator - 46
  9. Internal code page - 1250
  10. Stream code page - 1250
  11. Other input widgets - empty or unchecked

Exception details: Attribute abl.i18n.USE_EUROPEAN_FORMAT is not of type boolean.

Attached files are screenshots.

Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 31-Mar-2010 15:46

Exception details: Attribute abl.i18n.USE_EUROPEAN_FORMAT is not of type boolean.

I'd certainly contact tech support. I tried the settings from your post and don't run into that error.

11. Other input widgets - empty or unchecked

Where did you find that setting?

Posted by Admin on 01-Apr-2010 02:53

Sorry, i didn't explain that problem correctly.

Error is thrown after clicking on Run button.

Posted by Admin on 01-Apr-2010 09:21

Error is thrown after clicking on Run button.

That's how I understood it. Didn't throw an error like that on my workspace.

Posted by Matt Baker on 01-Apr-2010 09:45

It is a bug.  Please contact tech support about this so that it can logged/fixed.  You have the -E parameter specified in the default startup.pf file in your installation directory of OpenEdge and it is imported incorrectly into new launch configurations.

To work around the issue you have three options,

1.  Remove the -E parameter from the startup.pf and replace it with the appropriate values for -d, -numsep, and -numdec parameters and then recreate the launch configuration.

2.  Manually edit the launch configuration to remove the offending parameter.  They are stored as .xml files in /.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches.  You would need to do this for each launch configuration.

3.  Turn on "use defaults" on the launch configuration culture tab and manually provide the appropriate startup parameters in either your own .pf file or in the "additional startup parameters" field of the launch configuration.  You would need to do this for each launch configuration.

Posted by Admin on 06-Apr-2010 01:01

Thanks!

This thread is closed