Com error - Item is not a property

Posted by Admin on 08-Apr-2010 06:17

Hi,

I'm trying to make template processor which gets dot files and fills them with data and saves on hard drive. I've already got it working in C# (VS2008). Tried to make a dll and add ref. to the OEA project. It said "(not available)" next to the class in the class browser. So I've rewrite it in OEA. I'm attaching a screenshot of an error which I'm facing now. Does anybody have an idea why this error occurs?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 08-Apr-2010 06:51

Where is the dll? It needs to be in the GAC, the projects working

folder (or the shared AVM working folder) or a folder which is

referenced by the optional -assemblies Parameter.

Posted by Admin on 08-Apr-2010 07:14

So where is this GAC? I don't think that this could solve the problem if it could it would be inconsistent, becouse rest of code works, document is created, word application is started etc. Or maybe it works like that - works partially when there's no dll , and works "perfectly" when dll is in the GAC.

This whole thing is really messed up. I've copied the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll to the project folder, removed old ref in assemblies, and i didn't add new ref to this dll. It works the same ;-) I just don't get it.

Posted by jquerijero on 09-Apr-2010 17:31

I believe Item is a programming language specific implementation of indexer. I think what you want is FormFields[i] instead of Item[i].

This thread is closed