Are you testing the .NET Bridge?

Posted by sarahm on 12-May-2010 08:52

Hi Everybody!

Initial response to our Testing the Bridge program has been fantastic!  Thanks to all of those that are working on code samples and test cases to help us verify the .NET Bridge with non-ui classes.  If you are not yet participating, and have an interest in using the .NET Bridge for something other than user interface, let us know!  Share that use case with us and help us test it.  Your participation helps to ensure that the cases you are interested in will work.  A greater, more diverse suite of tests results in a higher quality product in the end.  Don't miss your chance to contribute!  Contact TestingTheBridge@progress.com, or reply on this forum to be part of this collaborative effort.

sarah

All Replies

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 12-May-2010 11:29

I'm glad to read that this initiative is working so well.

Posted by Wouter Dupré on 12-May-2010 11:33

Hi, I'm out of the office on vacation. During my absence I will have no or limited access to my e-mail.

For immediate assistance please call our office at +32 (0) 15 30 77 00.

Best regards,

Wouter.

--

Wouter Dupré

Senior Solution Consultant

Progress Software NV

Stocletlaan 202 B| B-2570 Duffel | Belgium

Direct Line +32 (0) 15 30 77 00 | Mobile +32 (0) 478 50 00 49

wdupre@progress.com

Posted by dlauzon on 17-May-2010 12:25

Can we see the cases already submitted by other people?

Posted by Wouter Dupré on 17-May-2010 12:38

Hi, I'm out of the office travelling for business. During my absence I will have no or limited access to my e-mail.

For immediate assistance please call our office at +32 (0) 15 30 77 00.

Best regards,

Wouter.

--

Wouter Dupré

Senior Solution Consultant

Progress Software NV

Stocletlaan 202 B| B-2570 Duffel | Belgium

Direct Line +32 (0) 15 30 77 00 | Mobile +32 (0) 478 50 00 49

wdupre@progress.com

Posted by sarahm on 17-May-2010 15:29

Honestly, David, I hadn't really thought about that.  We may be able to share the use cases.  But I don't know how others feel about sharing their code, since there hasn't been much discussion about it here publicly.  How do you feel about sharing your code?  I will certainly give this some thought...

Posted by dlauzon on 17-May-2010 15:35

I feel fine about sharing manageable code samples.

If ever it's not possible to see other's code, it could be useful to at least see the description of the tests others have done.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 17-May-2010 15:51

I would think that sharing the use cases and the results of the tests on those use cases in a format which encouraged voting or comment would provide you with a lot of valuable input.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 19-May-2010 11:44

I'm thinking at the very least you could share the .NET component that's being tested  - that may give the readers here some ideas of similar things they're doing that they could contribute.

Posted by sarahm on 19-May-2010 13:32

I like this idea, particularly if it generates interest!  I think what I can do is post a spreadsheet periodically that describes what we've received and what we're working on so far.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 19-May-2010 13:48

A spreadsheet would be fine for listing who, which component, a short description of the purpose, and possibly a note about the current status of testing.  But, it would be good to actually see the use cases, i.e., some narrative about why the person thought the topic was interesting, what they were thinking of doing with it, what development problem or limitation it would solve, etc.

In fact, the perfect thing would be to set up a book on OE Hive and have each person create a child page describing their project.  Then people could even add comments and suggestions.  But, I suppose that is hoping for too much.

This thread is closed