System.Security.SecurityException Error

Posted by kopfb on 04-Jun-2010 08:46

When trying to run an application (Form.cls) from a network share I am getting the following message: System.Security.SecurityException: System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission. That is all I can see of the error. Too give you a littel background, I set out to test deploying code with ultracontrols (OE 10.2b). Currently we deploy code to production linux servers. Users access the apps through a shortcut icon on their desktops that point to the Prowin32.exe and a mapped drive to the server they need to use. The code works fine on my machine or anyone's machine where progress is installed locally but anyone trying to run this remotely gets this error. Has anyone experienced this error? I did some net research and it appears to maybe be a .net framework trust isue but change the setting s on that did not seem to help.

Thanks,

Brad

All Replies

Posted by kopfb on 04-Jun-2010 10:48

After reseaching this some more and trying to get a better look at the error messages, i found that running remote requires that the LocalIntranet_Zone permission setting in the .Net Framework has be set to "FullTrust". While I don't see this as a problem for my own machine, requiring that every machine we have which is in the 1000's to have this setting changed is unacceptable and not reasonable. Not sure how to get around this at this point.

Posted by marko.rueterbories on 04-Jun-2010 10:59

I do have something in my mind that you are able to set this option by

a setting inside the domain. Then you won't have to touch every

machine running at your side.

Regards,

Marko

Posted by dlauzon on 07-Jun-2010 10:21

We got this error only if prowin32.exe was (accidentally) run from a different path than the one it was installed from, otherwise the automatic settings at installation seems to take care of this for us.

This thread is closed