Using CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer usi

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2010 11:09

I am using CrystalProxy.dll (ADO.NET) in order to create native reports. At the report creation side there is no problem. But client deployment of Crystal Reports is like being in a hell. I have tried to use ActiveX viewer and it was working. But when I install Crystal Runtime to the clients, some of them throwed TLV error something. After that I decided to use Crystal Viewer .NET control assembly and I created  an ABL form code and add Crystal Viewer control code manually as above. (because Visual Designer throws error  when it is refreshed). But when I run the window and after push the invoke LoadReport() pushing the button "buttonOk", throws error like: ERROR: "VALUE CAN NOT BE NULL. PARAMETER NAME: path1". C# version of the same code is working correctly. How can I use CrystalViewer .NEt and Crystal Runtime on .NET GUI? Any idea? Thanks (10.2B)

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2010 11:12

Excuse me, .cls file is attached now

I am using CrystalProxy.dll (ADO.NET) in order to create native reports. At the report creation side there is no problem. But client deployment of Crystal Reports is like being in a hell. I have tried to use ActiveX viewer and it was working. But when I install Crystal Runtime to the clients, some of them throwed TLV error something.

After that I decided to use Crystal Viewer .NET control assembly and I created  an ABL form code and add Crystal Viewer control code manually as above. (because Visual Designer throws error  when it is refreshed).

But when I run the window and after push the invoke LoadReport() pushing the button "buttonOk", throws error like:

ERROR: "VALUE CAN NOT BE NULL. PARAMETER NAME: path1". C# version of the same code is working correctly.

How can I use CrystalViewer .NEt and Crystal Runtime on .NET GUI? Any idea? Thanks (10.2B)

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/6366.gRaporTest.cls.zip:550:0]

Posted by Admin on 23-Jul-2010 12:11

Oguzhan:

Are you able to make any progress with it.

I am just curious... what the following lines are doing in your code ... Method LoadReport()

THIS-OBJECT:Report:SetParameterValue("connectionString", "AppServer://aselogic.ase.com.tr:5162/asAseLogic").

THIS-OBJECT:Report:SetParameterValue("procedureName", "getDataSet_Manifesto").

Are you sure that Crystal Report can connect to the Appserver and get the ProDataset from it. ??

Did you run your code through debugger to verify which line is throwing the error ??

Arain

This thread is closed