Testing the .NET Bridge - wrapping up

Posted by sarahm on 30-Jul-2010 12:24

Hi Everybody!
Our Testing the Bridge program is wrapping up today and I’m happy to say that we consider it a success!  I apologize that we have not been more active in this extension period, but we did receive a few more code samples so it was worth it.
Through our testing here in-house, and the cooperation of you, our customers, we have developed a good bed of test scenarios to help us verify that the .NET Bridge works well with non-ui controls.  As a result, it is our intention to release the legal restriction on non-ui controls in an upcoming release.  We are also looking into scheduling the work to implement the .NET Bridge in the AppServer, and the test scenarios that we have automated from this program will be used as part of the testing effort to verify that work.
Thanks to everyone that participated.  We recognize that you took time away from your own work to help with this, and are sending something along to you to express our appreciation. 
We hope to run customer participation programs like this again in the future, engaging our customers in helping us design tests that represent the use cases that matter most.  In the meantime, please find attached the cases we have collected from this program.
Thanks again everyone!

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/UseCasesSpreadsheet.xlsx:550:0]

All Replies

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 04-Aug-2010 07:52

Thanks for your work on this!

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 04-Aug-2010 07:58

Sarah,

Do you know what upcoming release the legal restriction will be removed? Version 10.2? product or 11?

.NET Bridge support in the Appserver? Version 10.2? or 11?

Thanks.

Posted by sarahm on 04-Aug-2010 10:27

I believe it's safe to say that we will be able to lift the legal restriction in 10.2B02.  The AppServer work is scheduled, at the moment, for 11.0 but we can't make a firmer promise until we are further into the development cycle

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 12:50

The Excel sheet refers to  

Crystal Reportingclasses from the Crystal Reports Class Library

Is this Crystal Report 2008 Report Document API woking with .NET form or something else ?? like old Crystal XI, ActiveX controls ??

Posted by sarahm on 04-Aug-2010 13:13

This is Crystal 2008.

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 14:30

I believe it's safe to say that we will be able to lift the legal restriction in 10.2B02. ,

That's good news!

Posted by dlauzon on 05-Aug-2010 12:10

We are glad to see the outcome of this initiative, it will open a whole new world of possibilities.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by Admin on 05-Aug-2010 14:01

This is Crystal 2008.

Is it possible to get the sample code that was used to test Crystal 2008 ??

This thread is closed