Getting the text value of a textbox in Ultratoolbars

Posted by jmls on 14-Oct-2009 12:13

I am either having a really serious brainfart here, or the IG model is totally screwed

I have added a TextBox control to the Ultratoolbar. How do I get the value of said text box ?

See, very simple question. So how come it is some difficult ? Toolbar:Tools["mitem"]:text ?

No.  Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200

AAARRGGGHHHH

TIA

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 14-Oct-2009 12:21

jmls schrieb:

I am either having a really serious brainfart here, or the IG model is totally screwed

I have added a TextBox control to the Ultratoolbar. How do I get the value of said text box ?

See, very simple question. So how come it is some difficult ? Toolbar:Tools["mitem"]:text ?

No.  Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200

AAARRGGGHHHH

TIA

CAST(Toolbar:Tools["mitem"], TextBoxTool):Text

should do. The Text property is not memeber of the ToolBase type.

Posted by jmls on 14-Oct-2009 12:30

That be the one. No wonder I was bashing my head against the brick wall.

Thanks, I remember now

It would be nice if there was a collection by tooltype :

Toolbar:TextBoxTools["mitem"]:Text

Posted by Admin on 14-Oct-2009 12:36

It would be nice if there was a collection by tooltype :

Don't hesitate to build your own

We usually use an enhanced version of the UltraToolbarsManager.

Posted by timrmci on 22-Nov-2010 20:03

Hi,

I am trying to do something similar in that I have a Ribbon Toolbar, with a textbox tool in it. Can you tell me how I would get the value of the textbox ?

Its a pretty basic screen at the moment with a ultratoolbarsManager control on it. the control is the default ultratoolbarsManager1.

Do I need to do anything special to get these values ? I seem to be going around in circles here trying to figure it out.

I looked at the previous post, saying something about a CAST statement, however I couldnt get that to function either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Tim

Posted by bdearborn on 22-Nov-2010 20:05

Hi,

I am currently out of the office on and will be returning to the

office on November 29th. If you need immediate assistance please call

my cell phone at 503-805-8598 or contact Jim Stein at

jstein@cornerstar.com.

Thanks,

Bryn Dearborn

503-805-8598

--

Bryn Dearborn

503-928-8115 (Work)

503-805-8598 (Cell)

Cornerstar

Posted by Admin on 22-Nov-2010 22:33

Don't know what you are actually trying to do, but this code is from the ToolKeyPress event handler, checking for the Enter key and then calling a Filter method based on the actual value in the TextBoxTool:

METHOD PRIVATE VOID smartToolbarController1_ToolKeyPress( INPUT sender AS System.Object, INPUT e AS Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolKeyPressEventArgs ):

IF e:Tool:Key = "FilterTable" AND e:KeyChar = CHR(13) THEN

FilterTables (CAST (e:Tool, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.TextBoxTool):Text) .

END METHOD.

Posted by timrmci on 23-Nov-2010 00:05

Hi Mike,

All I really want to do it be able to read the value from the textbox in the Ribbon into a variable so I can use it in a search.

When I use the cast statement you mentioned, I get an invalid cast statement from infragistics

any ideas ?

Thanks

Tim

Posted by timrmci on 23-Nov-2010 00:14

Hi All,

thanks for your input .. I got it .. finally  So all I needed to do was the following to return the value.

DEFINE

VARIABLE sVal AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

sVal =

CAST(ultraToolbarsManager1:Tools["TextBox_Name"], Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.TextBoxTool):TEXT.

Cheers

Tim

This thread is closed