Problem with ultragrid checkboxvisibility

Posted by rbf on 23-Nov-2010 03:44

Has anyone successfully used the ultragrid checkboxvisibility feature? We cannot get it to work, even in 10.2B02.

The attached code shows the issue. The left side illustrates the strange behavior using a ProBindingSource. On the right side the correct behavior is shown without ProBindingSource.

P.S. This nice feature was added in Infragistics 2009.2 and we have many use cases for it!

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/cleargrid.cls.zip:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/cleargrid.resx.zip:550:0]

All Replies

Posted by Tung on 26-Nov-2010 10:14

What problems do you have? I couldn't get cleargrid.cls to run even after replacing Family with one of my tables.

I've tried using it too with a binding source in 10.2B02. The problem I have is when you check or uncheck it, it doesn't check/uncheck all rows. Usually just the last row, other times it seems random. From what I read, this should be built-in functionality like grid column sorting, etc. As a workaround, I have two buttons to programmatically check or uncheck all rows.

Posted by rbf on 26-Nov-2010 10:38

The problems we have are exactly what you describe: unpredictable behavior of the checkbox and therefore useless to users.

You can run the example against the sports2000 database and then you can also see the correct behavior without ProBindingSource.

(The Family table is the only table in the sports2000 database that contains a logical field).

I have reported the problem to PSC 4 days ago and the only answer I got so far is that they can reproduce the problem (with the program I supplied ;-))

Posted by Tung on 26-Nov-2010 10:56

I suspected it was sports2000. I managed to run it and it does behave just like my grid.

You saved me some work as I was about to contact Progress support.

Did you try a workaround like I did with separate buttons?

Posted by rbf on 26-Nov-2010 11:00

Yes of course we are using the workaround of creating our own code but you cannot achieve the look of the built-in checkboxvisibility which is much nicer and should work out-of-the-box.

Posted by rbf on 30-Mar-2011 08:41

FYI thanks to us reporting this issue I can confirm that it has been fixed in 10.2B04!

This thread is closed