Error due to licence ?

Posted by anandknr on 14-Jun-2011 23:51

Hi all,

I have developed an application in 10.2b GUI .net and its working fine in my PC where developer licence installed.

I have ported the appplicaton to client side and deployed there where they are using client licence not development licence.

My application calls the .net gui from progress gui which works in my PC but not on client side, and i am getting the error attched here. what could be the issue with this.

i havenot put the assemblies param set both in mine and client PC,Is that could be the issue?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:14

There is no separate runtime license for GUI for .NET, so I doubt it's a license problem.

Two guesses:

You compiled with a more recent Progress service pack, than the runtime at your client has. (e.g. compile on 10.2B04, run on 10.2B01 is not supposed to work). The other way around should be o.k., compile on 10.2B01, run on 10.2B04, etc. What version does your clients %DLC%\bin\Progress.NetUI.dll have?

Does your client use a shared network installation? In that case a sys admin might set up rather strict .NET security policies, disallowing the access to the Progress .NET Assemblies (%DLC%\bin\Progress.NetUI.dll).

If it's none of the above guesses, you should get in touch with tech support.

Posted by Matt Baker on 15-Jun-2011 07:55

If you are having generic error messages such as this one when loading assemblies you can use the Microsoft Fusion log to see a full error message as to why an assembly won't load.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4%28v=vs.71%29.aspx

Make sure you read the instructions on this page because it requires a simple registry change to turn the logging on.

That particular class referenced in the error message is part of the .NET dlls installed with Progress.  It is not affected by the -assemblies parameter.

This thread is closed