.Net control events

Posted by Kireeka on 01-Jan-2012 13:55

Hello,

I am using a grid style control made with winforms and it has several events  which are inherited from same base class (I hope im using the right  terms)

most of these events works fine and i can see them through Visual designer , but one of the events for some reason doesnt show up in the Visual Designer.

If i generate the code by hand which visual designer creates automaticly it works fine. But of course it doesn´t compile. Error message is something like "Event does not exist / Event can not be found".

Seems like there is some problem with Visual designer , but i havent figured it out yet. I tried to clear cache etc but it didnt help.

Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Jan-2012 14:04

Kireeka schrieb:

Hello,

I am using a grid style control made with winforms and it has several events  which are inherited from same base class (I hope im using the right  terms)

most of these events works fine and i can see them through Visual designer , but one of the events for some reason doesnt show up in the Visual Designer.

If i generate the code by hand which visual designer creates automaticly it works fine. But of course it doesn´t compile. Error message is something like "Event does not exist / Event can not be found".

Seems like there is some problem with Visual designer , but i havent figured it out yet. I tried to clear cache etc but it didnt help.

Thanks in advance!

Is the event defined on a .NET type or an inherited ABL type?

What Grid are you using? Which event is missing/causing the problems?

What are the parameters of the event? Which delegate type?

What exact error message (number) are you getting?

Posted by Kireeka on 02-Jan-2012 06:18

It´s a .Net type event and its a datagridview control that has been heavily modified.

Seems like the problem is fixed now when i opened my OpenEdge today.

A bit strange tho because i cleared cache, booted my computer etc last week and it didnt help. Seems like new year does the charm

This thread is closed