Focus on WindowContainer in MDI application

Posted by Alex_u4a on 09-Jan-2012 05:43

I'm having problems moving focus to the correct ABL form in an MDI application. I'm using .net forms with a WindowContainer control (i'm not using the MDIChildForm by the way). If an MDI child window is activated, focus only moves to the embedded ABL form if the windowcontainer part of the .net form is clicked. Focus does not move to the embedded ABL form if an MDI child is activated using CTRL-Tab, for example. In this case the ABL FOCUS system handle still references a fill-in in the form of the inactive (last used) mdi child.

Using the WindowContainer:Focus() method does not help.

Any ideas on this?

All Replies

Posted by Wouter Dupré on 09-Jan-2012 05:44

Hi,

Thank you for your email. Currently I'm out of the office, travelling for business. I will return on January 16. During my absence I will have no/limited access access to email. For urgent matters, call me on my mobile and leave a message, call our office, or contact Gary Calcott (gcalcott@progress.com).

Happy 2012,

Wouter

--

Wouter Dupré

Senior Solutions Consultant

Progress Software NV

A. Stocletlaan 202 B | B-2570 Duffel | Belgium

Office +32 (0) 15 30 77 00 | Mobile +32 (0) 478 50 00 49

Posted by Admin on 09-Jan-2012 07:39

We've overridden the OnActived and OnDeactived method of our Form hosting the WindowConatiner and

In Deactivated we remember the ABL Widget that had Focus. And in Activated we

APPLY "ENTRY":U

to the Window, Frame and evtl. the Widget that had focus.

Maybe in a simple case, just putting focus back into the ABL window is enough. But we often put every single frame into it's own WindowContainer.

Posted by Alex_u4a on 09-Jan-2012 09:07

I was already trying something similar from the MdiChildActivate event from the mdi parent, but the APPLY "ENTRY" did the trick. Thanks.

This thread is closed