temp table record in before buffer not available after addin

Posted by thomas.rothlisberger on 19-Mar-2012 02:43

Hi

I have the following issue:

I have an ultra grid that is bound to a binding source. I try to manage the adding/updating & deleting outside the grid and it seems to work except when I add a new record and then update the same record. In my BE class, I get row-state = ? and the temp table record of the before tem-table is not available. The tracking of the temp table is on and I have the correct value in the current temp-table. Closing the window and opening it again shows me that the record has been added.

Any idea what I am missing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Mar-2012 04:24

if it is a new record then row-state should remain as created and there is no before-image for it, doesn't matter if you update the record... unless you save changes in between the records should stay as 'new' so it gets created when you do call save changes.

Posted by thomas.rothlisberger on 19-Mar-2012 17:24

Hi Marian

I save the changes (save-row-changes & accept-row-changes) and the record gets created in the database and the row-state is ? at the end of the savechanges mehtod. So far so good. After that action I can select any record in the grid and update them, but not the one I added. My savechanges method in the the BE class gives me a row-state of ?.

Cheers

Thomas

This thread is closed