Attaching components to Infragistics Ultra tabs at runtime

Posted by saquib on 30-Aug-2012 03:51

Hi,

I have an application that utilises the Infragistics tab control.

I would like to know if it is possible to attach (at run time) an existing component to a given tab within the tab control, as opposed to dragging a component onto a tab at design time in the design view?

If it's possible, could someone provide a code example?

Many Thanks,

Saquib.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 05:57

existing component to a given tab

I assume you mean a Control (like a UserControl), not just a Component.

If it's possible, could someone provide a code example?

It's simple - it's just a bit confusing, that the Tabs collection is not a Control Container. Each UltraTab has a reference to a "TabPage" which is a Control Container.

DEFINE VARIABLE oNewTab AS UltraTab NO-UNDO .

DEFINE VARIABLE oNewControl AS YourUserControlClass NO-UNDO.

oNewTab = ultraTabControl1:Tabs:Add ("newtabkey", "newtablabel") .

oNewControl = NEW YourUserControlClass () .

oNewTab:TabPage:Controls:Add (oNewControl).

Posted by saquib on 30-Aug-2012 06:17

Thank you. That's been a great help :-)

Posted by shireeshn on 25-Mar-2016 04:15

Can you please provide the perfect code to understand, i am also need of it. very new to this Infragistics. Can you please help me on this.

1) YourUserControlClass - what this should this contain.

2) My requirement creating a tab dynamically and add objects to the tab dynamically.

object contains  Two groups with can labels from DB & respective checkboxs

-------------------------------------------------------------   ----------------------------------------------------

Label             Checkbox              checkobox    |    |   Label            Checkbox    checkbox  |

|    |

abc                      v                                v              |    |                                                                   |

cde                      v                                v              |    |

------------------------------------------------------------     -----------------------------------------------------

This thread is closed