Labels and controls

Posted by jmls on 27-Oct-2008 05:31

Man, I feel really stupid asking this, but ..

Is there any way to tie a .net label to a .net control, like we can in progress ? If I move a text box, I want the label to move with it, without having to write the code !

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2008 06:26

No way.

The positive thing is: This allows left aligned labels (a lot of users here asking for left aligned labels).

I have implemented this using an inherited control. I seem to remember, that I posted code here or in the TP forum earlier.

Posted by rbf on 27-Oct-2008 07:11

I don't think you posted it.

What algorithm are you using for generic left-aligned labels?

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2008 07:25

What algorithm are you using for generic left-aligned

labels?

The advantage of being able to left-align labels is valid in the standard visual designer without any algorithm.

The algorithm I am using is not that generic. It uses geometry information available in the Dynamics repository...

Posted by dlauzon on 14-Sep-2012 09:28

There's a nice way to acheive this that takes just a couple of clicks (5 sec).

E.g. with an UltraMaskedEdit (imo this is the control that is the closest to the ABL FILL-IN because you can restrain what characters the user can enter), the trick is to use the UltraMaskedEdit's Button Right or Left property an add a Borderless EditorButton that will act as a label at the right or left of the editor content, with the the button's Appearance property allowing to define it's text alignment (TextHAlign, TextVAlign).

See screenshots.

Note that I also set the UltraMaskedEdit's BorderStyle property to "None".

Posted by Wouter Dupré on 14-Sep-2012 09:32

Hi,

Thank you for your email. The next days I'll be visiting customers. I will return on September 17. During my absence I will have no/limited access to email and phone. For urgent matters, please call our office, or contact Jiri De Jagere (jdejager@progress.com).

Kind regards,

Wouter

--

Wouter Dupré

Senior Solutions Consultant

Progress Software NV

A. Stocletlaan 202 B | B-2570 Duffel | Belgium

Office +32 (0) 15 30 77 00 | Mobile +32 (0) 478 50 00 49

This thread is closed