11.3 Issues

Posted by Darren Parr on 14-Sep-2013 15:38

Hi

Ive noticed a strange bug with an ultratexteditor that did not happen in 11.2. Here is some code that executed to make some buttons visible which are part of an ultratexteditor.

METHOD PRIVATE VOID ShowFilter
    (INPUT pcType    AS CHARACTER,
     INPUT plEnabled AS LOGICAL):

DEFINE VARIABLE iEntry AS INTEGER NO-UNDO.

iEntry = LOOKUP(pcType,"TREE,LIST") - 1. 

THIS-OBJECT:TreeText:ButtonsRight[iEntry]:Visible = plEnabled.

END.

Whats strange is that I started getting errors for adding an event to a different control completely. I added a CellExporting event to the ultragrid excel exporter and it started erroring saying that I was making a null reference in the above code. The above code now works with a message in it as follows.

METHOD PRIVATE VOID ShowFilter
    (INPUT pcType    AS CHARACTER,
     INPUT plEnabled AS LOGICAL):

DEFINE VARIABLE iEntry AS INTEGER NO-UNDO.

iEntry = LOOKUP(pcType,"TREE,LIST") - 1.

MESSAGE iEntry THIS-OBJECT:TreeText:ButtonsRight:Count.

THIS-OBJECT:TreeText:ButtonsRight[iEntry]:Visible = plEnabled.

END.

If I take the message out or don't message the count from the ButtonsRight collection then it fails completely. Its as though the ButtonsRight collection is empty, when its not. So a simple message to remind the system that it has stuff in it works. This is making me thing 11.3 is quite flaky. I also have issues with the reported problem regarding ABL dialogs not being centred within a .net form window.

Are there any fixes out yet?

Regards

Darren

All Replies

Posted by Laura Stern on 23-Sep-2013 08:34

You should log a bug with tech support.  We can't fix it unless we know about it .  Thanks.

Posted by Darren Parr on 23-Sep-2013 08:45

Hi

I have already done that. The issue I have is that its not easily reproducable. I got around it by referencing the Count of the collection. The TSR suggested that it may be to do with the way 11.3 is trying to prevent too much chatter over the bridge and a bug has been introduced. Unfortunately I can't send my entire system to make it fall over. On a wider note I'm waiting for 11.3.1 which is due shortly as there is another issue which is addressed in 11.3.1. I'm hoping it will go away at that point..

Regards

Darren

This thread is closed