Where's our fancy graphic?

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 21-Dec-2007 12:57

Sonic gets this fancy graphic for it's code-share area...so where's the graphic for the OE Code share?

Never mind it's taking up an awful lot of space compared to other forum headers...

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 21-Dec-2007 17:17

Rather than adding the graphic here, I'd prefer dumping the Sonic one. TOO BIG!

Posted by adaltas on 21-Dec-2007 17:36

Yes we will be dressing things up for various parts of the site and trying new things now and then like this Sonic contest.

You guys are such attentive observers and commenters! I really appreciate it (well mostly) and wish you Happy Holidays.

Posted by Alon Blich on 22-Dec-2007 09:54

Arthur with all due respect, you're alienating us. Don't you see it ? and it's not the first time either, on top of the other forum issues.

I also believe that the way code share has been integrated is not right (and wasn't handled in the best way).

Regarding the forum "wish list".

I personally don't have the power anymore to debate for another million years why these basic features are needed.

Like, the remember me on this computer, getting private messaging to work again (for some reason they disappeared a few month ago, although, they show up sometimes, in some pages), using an alert box instead of making the private messages bold for new messages (I personally didn't notice I received the month MVP until, I believe, 2 or 3 month later, that is obviously a problem) and so on and so on.

Suffice to say that if changes, even, small ones will actually happen we'll take it seriously.

I'm sorry if I come off too strong (and I usually do ) but we keep having this same conversation with the PSDN team and it's like nothing happened.

It is really frustrating and it is eating away at people enthusiasm, instead of making them feel welcomed and encouraging them to contribute.

Regarding involving people from the community, it's not just about lightening the forum manager work load.

Progress has exceptional people in their community, they should get them involved, and listen to them.

I believe this needs to be the first step to remedy the situation.

Posted by Alon Blich on 22-Dec-2007 09:56

Oh, happy holidays everyone !

Posted by bbe on 24-Dec-2007 06:50

Indeed, happy holidays to everyone!!!

Posted by Alon Blich on 25-Dec-2007 09:32

However you're always very polite and professional

If I do have something to share how is it done ?

Thanks

This thread is closed