KSV Editor for 10.1

Posted by ksv on 03-Nov-2008 15:42

KSV Editor is a modification of standard Procedure Editor (for Windows). It has a lot of features which facilitate your programming on ABL. It allows you to write programs both for GUI and CHUI modes as well as for earlier versions of PROGRESS.

The editor works with all OpenEdge 10.1 (10.1a, 10.1b & 10.1c) versions. Moreover, if there's a necessity I can upload the editor for older PROGRESS versions, just let me know.

I used to host the project on my own site which is not available anymore, however, I still get questions from many of you about where the editor can be downloaded. So finally I decided to place it here, I guess I should have done that long time ago.

Any questions about setting & using the editor you can post here & I'll try to answer them.

Good luck!

null

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ksvedit_2D00_3.5a101.zip:550:0]

All Replies

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 03-Nov-2008 16:05

Drop a note in the "general" forum where Arthur Deltas'll see it and copy (move?) it to the code-share area.

Posted by adaltas on 04-Nov-2008 08:44

thanks for spoting this Tim!

Posted by Admin on 24-Nov-2008 09:46

Yes please. Upload your newest version for 9.1E04. I can't imagine working in the Progress editor without KSV Editor. It brings the original editor a little closer to a date after Christus. I have to stay on 9.1 for now.

Thank you!

Posted by ksv on 27-Nov-2008 10:41

Here you are! The first zip is for 9.1 version, the second one is for 10.0.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ksvedit_2D00_3.1a091.zip:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/ksvedit_2D00_3.5a100.zip:550:0]

Posted by Admin on 10-Mar-2009 18:04

Sergey,

Is there any way to use this with character mode Progress on a Linux machine? I'm guessing not since it seems the app looks for the Progress install on the local volume...just wondering if there was any 'remoting' that could be done.

If not, are there any tools you (or anyone else) know about that would help with character mode development?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by ksv on 11-Mar-2009 06:29

Matt,

To run the editor you have to have Windows, sorry. Although you can compile from it for character client, but I'm afraid it's not what you're looking for.

If not, are there any tools you (or anyone else) know

about that would help with character mode

development?

Look at OpenEdge Architect! It definitely can compile & run abl apps for character client and moreover it can be run on Linux machine!

Posted by jmls on 12-Mar-2009 05:14

Look at OpenEdge Architect! It definitely can compile

& run abl apps for character client and moreover it

can be run on Linux machine!

Using what ? Wine ?

Posted by ksv on 12-Mar-2009 15:03

>> Using what ? Wine ?

Why wine?! OEA is based on Eclipse which can be run on Linux easily.

Posted by Admin on 12-Mar-2009 15:07

Well, I doub't you'll receive a license file from Progress for OEA on a linux platform.

I can't believe it will actually run. Did you try?

Posted by jmls on 13-Mar-2009 02:07

Why wine?! OEA is based on Eclipse which can be run

on Linux easily.

OEA is based on eclipse, but all the 4GL is not - how do you run the background ABL session if not on wine ?

Posted by ChUIMonster on 13-Mar-2009 06:33

The last time I checked the 4GL was still natively available for Linux. In fact I have 10.2A installed and running on Linux right now

I'm not sure what the rationale for not supporting OEA on Linux is but I doubt that it is a technical problem.

Posted by ksv on 13-Mar-2009 06:57

>> OEA is based on eclipse, but all the 4GL is not -

>> how do you run the background ABL session if not on wine ?

OEA allows you to define your own builder for a project, so I guess you can define Linux OE character client as a builder.

Frankly, I haven't tried to make OEA work on Linux but some people I can believe managed to do that ... though with some troubles.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 13-Mar-2009 11:53

I see to recall there being some discussion about how much of it worked but there were parts that didn't and they were relatively important. But, it was a while ago. It could just be that one couldn't do GUI development.

This thread is closed