OEM: Top 5 worst performing area

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 10-Dec-2018 10:01

Hi,

In the OEM I see at the "Area Summary" section: Top 5 worst performing area, see the image

What is this mean?

Regards,
Valeriy

Posted by rkumar on 10-Dec-2018 11:25

OEM uses the information from the _AreaStatus VST to identify the worst performing areas The percentage of area used is calculated from _AreaStatus-Totblocks _AreaStatus-Freenum values. If the percentage exceeds 80% (and the area is not either of Control Area or Primary Recovery Area), it is reported as one of the top 5 worst performing areas.

Posted by ezazsterr on 10-Dec-2018 10:23

Dear Valeriy,

This means that you the data is going in the variable extent rather then the fixed one, Add the extra fixes extents on these area's and you are good to go

Regards,

Ezaz

All Replies

Posted by ezazsterr on 10-Dec-2018 10:23

Dear Valeriy,

This means that you the data is going in the variable extent rather then the fixed one, Add the extra fixes extents on these area's and you are good to go

Regards,

Ezaz

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 10-Dec-2018 10:48

Thank you Ezaz!

Posted by rkumar on 10-Dec-2018 11:25

OEM uses the information from the _AreaStatus VST to identify the worst performing areas The percentage of area used is calculated from _AreaStatus-Totblocks _AreaStatus-Freenum values. If the percentage exceeds 80% (and the area is not either of Control Area or Primary Recovery Area), it is reported as one of the top 5 worst performing areas.

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 10-Dec-2018 11:30

Thank you!

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 10-Dec-2018 13:44

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, but that metric is ridiculous. And useless. And worse, misleading.

Posted by mfurgal on 10-Dec-2018 16:50

I don’t believe the metric is useless, but I don’t want to start a religious war (again).  The title should be “Top 5 Issues” and then you can choose to ignore them or not.  I agree that fixed/variable has little to do with performance, so it’s only the title of the content area that I have an issue with.

Mike
-- 
Mike Furgal
Director – Database and Pro2 Services
PROGRESS
617-803-2870 

This thread is closed