OE 11.7 Configuration import/export and updating an OE insta

Posted by Dmitri Levin on 06-Nov-2018 23:14

I am doing 11.7.3 to 11.7.4 upgrade. I was trying to give a try to configutil utility to export and import ubroker.properties. 

Export was fine. export181106164545.zip file created in a work directory /usr/wrk1173/backup. Great.

Import was also fine. No errors reported.

First concern was when I noticed the diff between old (11.7.3) and new (11.7.4) configurations. New one was missing a bunch of properties, i.e. brokerLogFile, PROPATH, srvrStartupParam, srvrLogFile, etc... OK, I can change them manually I thought. But smelling fishy content I restarted AdminServer. It did restart but Fathom is not working at all now.

I am also not sure if preserving uuid from 11.7.3 and copy them as is to 11.7.4 is the right thing -- that is what configutil utility did. I thought they are specific for version of Progress and need to be generated from the respective $DLC/bin/genuuid.

Any way, that utility configutil did not work for me as I thought it would.

It should probably work fine for a backup and restore into the same version on the same machine.

It would be also nice if utility configutil will be able to work only on ubroker,properties or only on fathom.properties preserving the rest of configuration. Right now it is ALL or nothing.

All Replies

Posted by 2356 on 08-Nov-2018 18:00

Just a thought. How is override_paths and override_hostname set to false works for configutil operation?

This thread is closed