What are the all parameters that we can start the secondary

Posted by ezazster on 16-Oct-2018 15:55

Dears, Could you spare sometime and let me know what are the parameters that can be given to while starting the secondary broker I know a few like mi ma mpb servertype Mm m3 But what extra parameters can I give and if I have the parameter in the primary broker will it apply to secondary as well eg if I have given the parameter Mm in primary broker to 8192 will it apply to secondary broker as well Regards, Ezaz

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 16-Oct-2018 16:40

You can find parameters for connection brokers in the DB Admin manual's Reference section under "Database server network parameters".

https://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge117/openedge117/#page/dmadm%2Fdatabase-server-network-parameters.html%23

Some parameters have effect database-wide and are specified on the primary broker, for example -n or -B.  Other parameters are specific to connection brokers and are listed in the table linked above, e.g. -Mm or -Mpb.  Note that the options available to you are dependent on the OpenEdge release you are using.

For client/server parameters, e.g. -Mm, they apply to the broker for which they are specified.  They do not propagate from one to another.

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 16-Oct-2018 16:40

You can find parameters for connection brokers in the DB Admin manual's Reference section under "Database server network parameters".

https://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge117/openedge117/#page/dmadm%2Fdatabase-server-network-parameters.html%23

Some parameters have effect database-wide and are specified on the primary broker, for example -n or -B.  Other parameters are specific to connection brokers and are listed in the table linked above, e.g. -Mm or -Mpb.  Note that the options available to you are dependent on the OpenEdge release you are using.

For client/server parameters, e.g. -Mm, they apply to the broker for which they are specified.  They do not propagate from one to another.

Posted by Marcelo Pacheco on 17-Oct-2018 01:17

The parameters I know for sure are per broker:

-Mi -Ma -Mpb -N -H -S -Mm

I did a test with a broker started with -Mm 32600 for the primary and -Mm 1400 for the secondary.

Verified message lengths with FOR EACH NO-LOCK and tcpdump.

Additionally I can't think of any other parameters that would make sense on a per secondary broker/manual server setup.

This thread is closed