Easiest way to check OpenEdge database schema compatibility

Posted by teppo_55 on 12-Dec-2017 01:13

To OpenEdge db experts!

What is the easiest way to check database schema compatibility?

I know incremental df technique and proutil <db> describe.

I'd like to have a proutil option to get a number based on all _File-_CRC values.

Is there such option, or what is the easient technique to compare database schemas (version 10.2B)?

Regards

- teppo.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Dec-2017 01:20

10.2C?

Sent from Nine

What is the easiest way to check database schema compatibility?

I know incremental df technique and proutil <db> describe.

I'd like to have a proutil option to get a number based on all _File-_CRC values.

Is there such option, or what is the easient technique to compare database schemas (version 10.2C)?

Regards

- teppo.

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by teppo_55 on 12-Dec-2017 01:39

10.2b

Posted by mollyfed on 12-Dec-2017 02:53

Hey.

So what are you going to do if they don't match? Try and get them to match with an Incremental Df? ;-)

Not sure this helps, but was thinking it and if its the case, then doing a Inc DF is probably quickest in the long run.

Molly

PS. Oh, this also might help: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P15443

This thread is closed