Change to OE Replication properties

Posted by James Palmer on 20-Apr-2017 03:53

Hopefully a simple question. One of my customer sites has OE Replication but the .properties files aren't ideally set up. As a result they have a torrid time when it comes to rebooting servers. They have to reboot in a certain order and mutter various incantations to get things to resynch. 

I want to change the properties to remove much of this effort. So is it just a case of changing the .properties files and restarting the databases? 

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Owen on 20-Apr-2017 07:30

Hi James,

Yes, it can be that straight forward.  And that is required if you are changing the pmmgr.properties
for either the source or the target.  You do have the option of changing the source properties file, terminating
the Replication Server, and then restarting the Replication Server for the change to take effect on the source.   
There is the option to do the same on the target side if the customer is running 11.6. The target will need to be
stopped and restarted if they are running a release prior to 11.6.

-jeff

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 20-Apr-2017 07:32

If this is 11.6+, then you don't have to restart databases to re-read .repl.properties files. Restarting server/agent will do that. If this is < 11.6 then you would need to at least bounce a target database and restart replication server (source DB does/would not need restart) to re-read your new repl.properties

Posted by James Palmer on 20-Apr-2017 10:29

Thanks everyone. I'll go for the DB restart as one of the issues we have with this customer is dsrutil terminate server hanging, so the DB goes down anyway. I'm pretty certain it's a config issue as we don't have this issue elsewhere. I might try it on one of the DBs first though to avoid downtime.

This thread is closed