Where can I find the the default century offset? (YY)

Posted by Betty Hardin on 11-Oct-2016 20:54

Syteline v6.03 / Progress v10.2B

After a failed (binary) dump / load, I am trying to work through the dump / load (ASCII) procedure recommended by Infor (slow - but it works).

They recommend that the database is running multi-user - and data administration is accessed through Syteline.  From the admin menu, dump the df, dump .d files.   The PF files that I am using to start the database use -yy 1930. 

When I use data administration to load the data, I get this error:

>> ERROR! -d <mdy> or -yy <n> settings of dump were mdy-1930
** but current settings are mdy-1950. May cause load errors.

I expected to find -yy = 1950 in the DLC/startup.pf but don't see it there.   Searching for files containing -yy I don't find anything with 1950 in it.

Where can I find / change the default setting for yy?

All Replies

Posted by Betty Hardin on 11-Oct-2016 20:56

I am pretty sure there are no dates in the database older than 1950.   What happens to my data if I change the yy parameter to 1950 - or eliminate it all together?

Posted by Dmitri Levin on 12-Oct-2016 13:37

When you dump (ASCII) OE will write -yy setting in the .d file

dateformat=mdy-1950

map=NO-MAP

cpstream=ISO8859-1

It is likely that the process that dumped it for you did not use any -yy and thus you got the default value 1950.

You better use the same value to load -yy 1950 or not use this parameter which means the same value.

Eliminating it means you will use the default value 1950 -- which is exactly what you need in that case.

Posted by Betty Hardin on 12-Oct-2016 15:06

Well that's exactly what I thought.   Thank you.

Posted by Adriano Correa on 17-Oct-2016 13:49

If you can't use binary dump/load, I suggest to connect both source and target database  and use buffer-copy between them. It's faster and you have no problems with these parameters.

Adriano.

This thread is closed