The oemanager web application is not accessible: Server retu

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 13-Sep-2016 02:55

Hi,

Win64 bit
OpenEdge 11.6.2 64 bit

After adding PAS4OE Prod to OpenEdge installation with RDBMS license only, in the OEM after starting the PAS instance the client receives the following message:
"The oemanager web application is not accessible: Server returned 403 Forbidden for localhost:8202/.../ with an HTML response (17899)":

What does it mean? Will this affect the work of an instance?

How to fix this?

Regards,
Valeriy

All Replies

Posted by n.lewers on 13-Sep-2016 07:36

Should it be localhost:8202/manager instead of oemanager?  

Posted by Satya Prasad on 13-Sep-2016 07:38

This message says that, OEM fails to contact oemanager webapp of that PAS instance. OEM actually uses this webapp to get the metrics/configurations and manages the deployments of all transports and shows it on UI.

Make sure you install oemanager (from Instance Home page -> Extras page) to get additional benefit from OEM UI.

Thanks,
Satya

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 13-Sep-2016 07:38

I saw something very similar last week in 11.6.2. We had to go into OE Explorer and manually set both the tomcat and OEE passwords in the PASOE config.

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 13-Sep-2016 08:01

Hi Paul,

[quote user="Paul Koufalis"]

I saw something very similar last week in 11.6.2. We had to go into OE Explorer and manually set both the tomcat and OEE passwords in the PASOE config.

[/quote]
I think at that time you receiving a message "401 Unauthorized".
In my case it's something different - "403 Forbidden".

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 13-Sep-2016 08:06

Hi Satya,

[quote user="Satya Prasad"]

Make sure you install oemanager (from Instance Home page -> Extras page) to get additional benefit from OEM UI.

[/quote]

The client install oemanager when created an instance in the OEM by set flags "Install Pacific Application Server OpenEdge manager web application" and "Install Tomcat manager web application".

But, I'll check it again in their place...

This thread is closed