SQL help document for openedge 11.6

Posted by Vel murugan on 01-Aug-2016 04:34

I am connecting to openedge v11.6 database through jdbc using openedge.jar. Is there any document where i can learn SQL syntax, queries to do the below operations in progress?.

Note: It is a partitioned database using v11.6 and I would like to use ROWID or PRO_PARTN_ROWID whichever is unique for a database.

1.Is there any unique ID(expecting database level uniqueness) like ROWID or PRO_PARTN_ROWID

2. update a table using ROWID or PRO_PARTN_ROWID whichever is unique for the database

3. read  indexes available in a table

4. read metadata of the table

5. get the primary index of the table

6. select queries

All Replies

Posted by mrahaman on 01-Aug-2016 08:12

Hi,

Following are answers to your questions

1/2)  ROWID is used for regular tables and PRO_PARTN_ROWID is used for partitioned table. ROWID and PRO_PARTN_ROWID are unique in an area.So ROWID/PRO_PARTN_ROWID and area together is unique across the database. All schema tables reside in schema area and schema tables are not partitioned, so ROWID can be used for schema tables.

3) Available indexes can be obtained from schema table SYSINDEXES. Refer to the following link

documentation.progress.com/.../ (Please follow Data    Management->SQL Reference->OpenEdge SQL system Catalog Tables)

4) Can be obtained from SYSTABLES and SYSCOLUMNS.

documentation.progress.com/.../ (Please follow Data    Management->SQL Reference->OpenEdge SQL system Catalog Tables)

5) To get primary index, SYSINDEXES can be queried with the primary key column name.

6) Look into the link provided

documentation.progress.com/.../ (Please follow Data    Management->SQL Reference->OpenEdge SQL Statements->SELECT)

Thanks,

Masiur

Posted by Vel murugan on 01-Aug-2016 22:37

Thanks [mention:dc04f8cd327647729861b84edc83a02b:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]

This thread is closed