11.5.1 64bit and 32bit side by side - OE Management question

Posted by James Palmer on 09-Sep-2015 05:47

I've installed 32 bit and 64 bit Progress on the same machine (64bit Win7) and was wondering if someone could walk me through what additional steps I need in order to be able to connect to OE Management for both deployments please?

All Replies

Posted by TheMadDBA on 09-Sep-2015 08:00

What kind of errors are you getting (if any)? In theory it should be connecting to the different ports specified during the install but it seems that not all of the issues with 32 bit and 64 bit installed on the same PC are resolved....

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../32-bit-Adminservice-fails-to-start-after-installing-11-5-64-bit-000062309

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../OpenEdge-11-5-SP1-64-Bit-overwrites-32-Bit-registry

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 09-Sep-2015 08:01

Hi,

With coexistence, the first installed product always uses the default ports. In order to work with both products , you need to configure the ports explicitly.

If you have installed 32bit product first, please start the 64bit admin service on a different port from proenv using the following command. Other way is you can also set the ports in registry entries.

From proenv use this command: proadsv -start -adminport 20934 -port 2544

Once the admin server is started, fathom.properties file will get created under 64bit $DLC\properties.

Append, httpport=9094 (some custom port other than 9090 as it is used by 32 bit OpenEdge Explorer) at the end of the fathom.properties file to make  64-bit OpenEdge Explorer run on a different port. Restart the admin service.

Now the  64-bit OpenEdge Explorer can be used with the url: http://localhost:9094

Now the  32-bit OpenEdge Explorer can be used with the url: http://localhost:9090

Thanks,

Rama

[collapse]
I've installed 32 bit and 64 bit Progress on the same machine (64bit Win7) and was wondering if someone could walk me through what additional steps I need in order to be able to connect to OE Management for both deployments please?

Posted by sgabbeta on 09-Sep-2015 08:12

ActiveMQ port should also be changed from default value.

FileName: management.properties

Thanks
Regards,
Sharath