How to check the wether newly built database are idential to

Posted by vithal.kattikar@hgst.com on 18-Aug-2015 00:03

Hi,

I created new database in Linux cent os 6.5 , under OE 11.5 version by the below steps under my POC server.

Please note that we are doing hardware updation from HP-UX linux cent os 6.5 and also migrating from Progress version 10.1C to Progress version 11.5

1.Installed OE 11.5 in Linux cent os 6.5.

2.Created database with prostrct create command.

Prostrct create DB-name <DB-name.st> blocksize 8192.

.st files are FTPed from current database which are in 10.1C version.

3.Used procopy command from empty8 database to newly created database.

procopy db-name /usr/dlc115/dlc/bin/empty8.

4.Then took all the .df files  from  databases which were in 10.1C and loaded to newly created database.

5.Then took all .d files from database which were in 10.1C and loaded into newly created database by performing

binary dump and load .

6.Rebuild the index,

Now I dont know wether newly created database in linux cent os in OE 11.5 are same like database that were in HP-UX in OE 10.1C.

How to check wether newly created database and database in OE 10.1C are identical in Schema and data etc.

- See more at: https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_architecture/f/22/p/19657/69901.aspx#69901

All Replies

Posted by Marie Candela on 19-Aug-2015 08:36

The responses in the other forum that you copied this from pretty much cover it.

Posted by cverbiest on 19-Aug-2015 08:51

Some additions to the answers on community.progress.com/.../19657.aspx

Make sure you dump & load users and sequence values . Those are separate items in the dump & load menu.

See also

progress.my.salesforce.com/.../Which-items-should-be-dumped-from-a-database-in-order-to-create-a-replica

progress.my.salesforce.com/.../P111448

This thread is closed