Moving Appserver and Database Settings to another server

Posted by joemats on 09-Jul-2015 09:03

Hello,

We are moving our live database OpenEdge 10.2A to another server.

We have OpenEdge installed on the new server but I was wondering if there is an easy way to move all the appserver and database settings from the old server to the new server?

I know I could do a side by side comparison and compare the .pf files but I was hoping there was an easier way.

Maybe these setting are stored in a file that can be copied to the new server?

All Replies

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 09-Jul-2015 09:11

The AppServer settings are in $DLC/properties/ubroker.properties.

If your DBs are managed by the AdminServer (Progress Explorer Tool or OpenEdge Explorer) then the DB params are in $DLC/properties/conmgr.properties.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 09-Jul-2015 09:13

It depends on how you manage your database.  If it is managed, via OEE/OEM, you would look at the contents of conmgr.properties on each machine.  If your DB is scripted, you probably have a .pf with your startup parameters.  In that case just diff the .pfs (and the scripts that run them, and any scripts/.pfs that they may reference, etc.).

AppServer settings are in ubroker.properties.

Depending on how you copy over your database there may be other settings to consider apart from startup parameters.  For example if you dump and load rather than back up and restore then it's a new DB, not a copy of the old.  So for example you have to change BI cluster size, AI and BI block size, replication settings if any, to match the source DB.

This thread is closed