OE11.5 TP Doc bug, _file names are incorrect

Posted by cverbiest on 22-May-2015 04:47

The tables mentioned in following paragraph do not exist, They have - in their names except for the first _. Defining partitions Partitions are defined in your database meta-schema in partition policy and partition policy detail records.You define one partition policy per table, and then one partition policy detail record for each partition.You can create policy ( _partition_policy) and detail (_partition_policy_detail) records with ABL, SQL, or through the OpenEdge Explorer/OpenEdge Management interface.

All Replies

Posted by Rohit Kumar on 22-May-2015 07:52

Defect PSC00333377 has been created to fix this in the doc guides. Thanks

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 22-May-2015 07:59

Carl, are you accessing those table directly?

Posted by cverbiest on 22-May-2015 08:22

Only because I wanted to get rid of something that the UI wouldn't let me. See other post

The docs state I can

     You can create policy ( _partition_policy) and detail (_partition_policy_detail) records with ABL

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 22-May-2015 08:29

Have you had a look OpenEdge.DataAdmin.DataAdminService? There are methods for manipulating your policies in there.

Jeff Ledbetter
Only because I wanted to get rid of something that the UI wouldn't let me. See other post

The docs state I can

     You can create policy ( _partition_policy) and detail (_partition_policy_detail) records with ABL

Posted by cverbiest on 22-May-2015 08:57

> Have you had a look OpenEdge.DataAdmin.DataAdminService?

Not yet but I think I'll have to .

This thread is closed