DBMAN doesn't start and doesn't stop databases

Posted by Fuelfire on 20-May-2015 02:56

Hello! I use Progress OpenEdge 10.1B.

Please, help me to solve my problem. I wasn't able to find an alike problem and her decision in the Internet.

On my development host yesterday I didn't stop databases by DbMan. I use this batch:

@echo off 
SET DLC=C:\Progra~1\Progress\Openedge
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database base_ %1
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database pays %1
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database reestr %1
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database reports %1
Exit

and yesterday this batch showed in console:

OpenEdge Release 10.1B as of Wed Jan 10 12:21:31 EST 2007

and there was no errors. After restarting host I was able to start databases manually. AdminServer works as service. There is no errors in admserv.log. I restart development host rarely. Lately I made changes in configuration of one database: I added second broker for SQL users, changed existent broker for 4GL client type only and change some server parameters like n, Mn, Mpb, Ma, Mi. Databases starts and stops manually from ProExp without errors. Where I could make a mistake and what needs to be checked first of all? Thanks.

Posted by Fuelfire on 26-May-2015 01:36

I solved my problem, but just forgot to close the issue at the forum. My DLC is "C:\Program Files\Progress\OpenEdge". I immediately began to suspect that the batch file does not understand the gap in "Program Files". Indeed, after the correction in the system variables DLC, JDKHOME, JREHOME "Program Files" on the "Progra~1" dbman began to work normally.

All Replies

Posted by Fuelfire on 20-May-2015 04:54

I found a reason. Yesterday I added some system variables in Windows with purpose to create in databases and run stored procedures.

I read the article (№ 000001525) and add system variables CLASSPATH, JREHOME, JDKHOME. With JREHOME variable DBMAN doesn't work. I use value for this variable from registry (key Progress\10.1B\Java\JREHOME). All java directories were created when I install Progress. What's wrong?

Posted by Fuelfire on 26-May-2015 01:36

I solved my problem, but just forgot to close the issue at the forum. My DLC is "C:\Program Files\Progress\OpenEdge". I immediately began to suspect that the batch file does not understand the gap in "Program Files". Indeed, after the correction in the system variables DLC, JDKHOME, JREHOME "Program Files" on the "Progra~1" dbman began to work normally.

Posted by Marie Candela on 26-May-2015 10:59

Thanks for letting us know the source of your problem.

[collapse]
From: Fuelfire [mailto:bounce-Fuelfire@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:57 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] DBMAN doesn't start and doesn't stop databases

Thread created by Fuelfire

Hello! I use Progress OpenEdge 10.1B.

Please, help me to solve my problem. I wasn't able to find an alike problem and her decision in the Internet.

On my development host yesterday I didn't stop databases by DbMan. I use this batch:

@echo off 
SET DLC=C:\Progra~1\Progress\Openedge
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database base_ %1
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database pays %1
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database reestr %1
call %DLC%\bin\dbman -database reports %1
Exit

and yesterday this batch showed in console:

and there was no errors. After restarting host I was able to start databases manually. AdminServer works as service. There is no errors in admserv.log. I restart development host rarely. Lately I made changes in configuration of one database: I added second broker for SQL users, changed existent broker for 4GL client type only and change some server parameters like n, Mn, Mpb, Ma, Mi. Databases starts and stops manually from ProExp without errors. Where I could make a mistake and what needs to be checked first of all? Thanks.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed