idxbuild in v9

Posted by S33 on 13-May-2015 08:25

Is there a way to rebuild the indexes for just 1 table in v9? I tried:
proutil my_db -C idxbuild table my_tbl -T /tmp
(which works in v10)

This is v9.1d on SCO.

Thx --

Jim Shepherd
Level 7 Group

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-May-2015 08:37

proutil db -C idxbuild

menu will appear

Some

Table name:
Index name:
!

(or upgrade to 10, nobody should be running on SCO).

[collapse]
Is there a way to rebuild the indexes for just 1 table in v9? I tried:
proutil my_db -C idxbuild table my_tbl -T /tmp
(which works in v10)

This is v9.1d on SCO.

Thx --

Jim Shepherd
Level 7 Group

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 13-May-2015 08:39

If you want to batch it you can probably create an xb file. You might have to "echo y | proutil ...". Look at this: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P68731

Posted by S33 on 13-May-2015 09:04

Thanks to you both.

Yes, Libor, this is the index check & build before the dump & load (as recently recommended in Paul's blog) that comes as part of the migration off of v9 and off of SCO this weekend !!

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-May-2015 09:15

Ø  and off of SCO this weekend !!

Good man.

Posted by S33 on 13-May-2015 15:10

I won't mention the customer I have that's still running v5 on Xenix !!

(Oops, I just mentioned it....)

Posted by ezequielmontoya on 14-May-2015 11:15

Five years ago I wrked on a V8.3 / SCO

V5 on Xenix, sounds so cool, take some pictures!

Reply by S33