Quick AI/BI stall question

Posted by James Palmer on 29-Apr-2015 07:59

Progress 11.2.1 (although it'll be 11.5 by the time this matters)

We've got 3 fixed and one variable BI extents, and all variable on the AI extents. If -aistall and -bistall are used will it stop the database crashing if the AI/BI drives run out of disk space? Or does it just work if the extents are full?

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 29-Apr-2015 08:04

If you are out of diskspace, ai/bi stall won’t help. The db will shutdown.

[collapse]
From: James Palmer [mailto:bounce-jdpjamesp@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:00 PM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] Quick AI/BI stall question

Thread created by James Palmer

Progress 11.2.1 (although it'll be 11.5 by the time this matters)

We've got 3 fixed and one variable BI extents, and all variable on the AI extents. If -aistall and -bistall are used will it stop the database crashing if the AI/BI drives run out of disk space? Or does it just work if the extents are full?

Posted by James Palmer on 29-Apr-2015 08:08

Even if the AI/BI are on a different volume? So what if I size my AI/BI extents to take up the available disk space?

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 29-Apr-2015 08:16

If you make them fixed, then they won’t grow (read: won’t take extra space), and will be unaffected by the ‘out of disk space’.

[collapse]