Exporting data from 91D

Posted by Cristinst on 25-Mar-2015 07:16

Hi

I have an old software Vista by epicor running a 91D database I need to export that database. so I can use that data (or some of) into a new system I cannot seem to figure out how to export the data. I guess I will need step by step instructions from the start can anyone please help

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 25-Mar-2015 07:19

If you have access to the data dictionary, then a dump & load will work fine. This requires the old (source) and new (target) schemas to be the same, which is not clear from your post.

-- peter

[collapse]
From: Cristinst [mailto:bounce-Cristinst@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 08:17
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] Exporting data from 91D

Thread created by Cristinst

Hi

I have an old software Vista by epicor running a 91D database I need to export that database. so I can use that data (or some of) into a new system I cannot seem to figure out how to export the data. I guess I will need step by step instructions from the start can anyone please help

Posted by Cristinst on 25-Mar-2015 07:28

Right Know I dont know even the First step I am totally clueless sorry Unfortunately  this project was dumped in my lap even though I do not have the qualifications to do it. only saving grace is I know I can learn what needs to be done  I found the Data Dictionary I know where the physical Name and the database file is Or at least I think I do.  When I try to connect I get ** the database E:\epicor\mfgsys60\db\mfgsys is in multi-user Mode (276)

Posted by Peter Judge on 25-Mar-2015 07:34

The dump & load doc is at http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge115/openedge115/dmadm/dumping-and-loading.html# if you haven't found it yet. The doc talks about binary dump & load but I don't know whether that works across versions.

The database connection screen has an a option to select 'multi user' somewhere on it (sorry, going from memory here).

-- peter

[collapse]