Block layouts

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 11-Mar-2015 17:12

A while back I was reading a document with diagrams of the layouts of RM and IX block headers.  Now for the life of me I can't locate it.  There is a similar diagram in the Database Essentials manual, but it's somewhat high-level.

Can anyone point me to such a diagram or schematic?  This is for Type II specifically.  Thanks.

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 11-Mar-2015 19:24

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 11-Mar-2015 22:27

Thanks Paul!

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 11-Mar-2015 23:00

Just an update: it looks like the best way to view this data is with dbrpr option 13.  It gives quite a detailed breakdown.

Posted by Richard Banville on 12-Mar-2015 07:48

To get the most up to date information on block layouts I would use option 13 of dbrpr.  You can do this on a test database if you like.
It will show much more detailed information than what can be provided in a presentation.  Of course the presentations on the subject will have additional explanations than what is provided by dbrpr but dbrpr will always have the most up to date layout visualized.

Just curious, why do you feel you need this information?

[collapse]
A while back I was reading a document with diagrams of the layouts of RM and IX block headers.  Now for the life of me I can't locate it.  There is a similar diagram in the Database Essentials manual, but it's somewhat high-level.

Can anyone point me to such a diagram or schematic?  This is for Type II specifically.  Thanks.

Posted by Richard Banville on 12-Mar-2015 07:49

Just saw this after responding with pretty much the same.  Glad you discovered it .

[collapse]