AppServer problems testing 11.5

Posted by James Palmer on 25-Feb-2015 15:46

Hi I'm struggling to get our AppServers (classic) to start in 11.5. I've copied the config from our 11.2.1 server (win 2003) to our test (win 2012). I'm not even getting the broker/server logs.

We started getting "[2015/02/25@21:35:58.881+0000] [3] [AdminServer]         * Failed to verify user 's password." on start in the admin server log file, so I filled the admin account's username and password in. Now all I seem to get is

[2015/02/25@21:39:43.204+0000] [3] [AdminServer] * Password of user inencoadmin was successfully verified.
[2015/02/25@21:39:43.205+0000] [3] [OpenEdge] C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\jvmStart -w @{WorkPath} -u inencoadmin:*** -o stdout -e 1 C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jre\bin\java -classpath C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jdk\lib\tools.jar;C:\Progress\OpenEdge\java\progress.jar -DInstall.Dir=C:\Progress\OpenEdge -Djava.security.policy=C:\Progress\OpenEdge\java\java.policy -DCanonicalName=fathom1.hobt1:ID=AppServer com.progress.ubroker.broker.ubroker -t AS -i Live -r rmi://HOBT1:20931/Live -f C:\Progress\OpenEdge\properties\ubroker.properties

I'm struggling to work out what's failing. Any help much appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 25-Feb-2015 15:50

Okay, lets go step by step.

1. Is your Adminserver started correctly. When you query for it, do you see it started.

2. If your adminserver is started and If the appserver is not getting started and no logs are observed then something might be wrong at the configuration

You can try asbman -i <broker-name>  -validate to see if it gives any errors

Let me know how it goes

Posted by James Palmer on 25-Feb-2015 15:54

Hi Irfan,

How would I query the adminserver? It's showing as running in OEM.

When I run the -validate command I get a message to sayt -validate is not a valid option.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 25-Feb-2015 16:00

James,

did you just copy the ubroker between versions or did you use mergeprop to add 11.2 into 11.5 ?

2 things:

1)      When you remove the user from broker – owner – does it start ?

2)      Stop the adminserver, remove/move off the ubroker.properties and put clean/empty/shipped ubroker.properties from 11.5, start adminserver, add an appserver there and add your user under broker – owner  – does it start ?

/LL

[collapse]