BLOG: Migrating OpenEdge to Linux is Easier than You Think

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 24-Feb-2015 08:55

My lasted blog on UNIX to Linux migrations is now posted at White Star Software DBA Blog.

All Replies

Posted by Marie Candela on 24-Feb-2015 13:24

Thank you for the link Paul

[collapse]
From: Paul Koufalis [mailto:bounce-pkoufalis@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:56 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] BLOG: Migrating OpenEdge to Linux is Easier than You Think

Thread created by Paul Koufalis

My lasted blog on UNIX to Linux migrations is now posted at http://wss.com/en/resources/blog.

Posted by S33 on 25-Feb-2015 09:42

Thanks Paul.

I've done 3 SCO to RH Linux migrations and have 2 more imminent ones. It will be nice to have your notes all in one place the next time around. Kudos to Progress for excellent backward-compatibility as it's obvious almost none of your comments are really about Progress itself.

Several of my apps are written in pseudo-code that gets parsed into "pure" Progress by an app written in icon -- that's where most of my issues are born.

Thx again --

This thread is closed