"Glue" OE Management with an OE installation

Posted by 302218 on 29-Dec-2014 03:44

I am trying to "glue" OpenEdge management light with our existing OE installation ( 11.3 Solaris SPARC 64Bit ) with no luck. The problem I have is that the reglue and unglue scripts only work when the properties files are residing in the default location ( properties directory beneath the installation directory ). As per corporate standards all installation directory are read-only and therefore I've placed the ubroker.properties file in a directory outside of the installation directory which holds all of our configuration files.

So far I have not found a documentation on how I would do it. Plus I have not found a solution on how I can use for example the fathom.properties file when it does not reside in the default location.

Is it doable and how would I do it?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards, Richard.

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 29-Dec-2014 04:10

Few questions.

What is OEM light?
What exactly do you have installed (product wise) at this moment?

I am not sure how does ubroker.properties fit in here as OEM does not tailor it per se.

You can specifiy non default path for properties either with proadsv command or within AdminServerPlugins.properties (there is KB about it) but I am not at all clear on what your config is.

Sent from my iPad

On 29 Dec 2014, at 10:44, 302218 <bounce-302218@community.progress.com> wrote:

Thread created by 302218

I am trying to "glue" OpenEdge management light with our existing OE installation ( 11.3 Solaris SPARC 64Bit ) with no luck. The problem I have is that the reglue and unglue scripts only work when the properties files are residing in the default location ( properties directory beneath the installation directory ). As per corporate standards all installation directory are read-only and therefore I've placed the ubroker.properties file in a directory outside of the installation directory which holds all of our configuration files.

So far I have not found a documentation on how I would do it. Plus I have not found a solution on how I can use for example the fathom.properties file when it does not reside in the default location.

Is it doable and how would I do it?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards, Richard.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed