Error 1890 (Broker: Unable to spawn a server)

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Dec-2014 02:27

This one is actually a problem! Progress 11.2.1 on Windows 2003 Server.

Getting error 1890 the last couple of days and I'm struggling to pin it down. They're on the server, and should therefore be self service connections. What should I look at?

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 24-Dec-2014 03:15

James,

1890 is for remote connections, self service goes directly.
Need more details – like .lg file, is there replication ?

/LL

[collapse]
From: James Palmer [mailto:bounce-jdpjamesp@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 9:28 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] Error 1890 (Broker: Unable to spawn a server)

Thread created by James Palmer

This one is actually a problem! Progress 11.2.1 on Windows 2003 Server.

Getting error 1890 the last couple of days and I'm struggling to pin it down. They're on the server, and should therefore be self service connections. What should I look at?

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Dec-2014 03:19

Yes running Replication Plus.

Can't find any remote connections on the server which is confusing me. It's all Self Service.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 24-Dec-2014 03:22

My apologies for asking – what is the problem apart from the error ?
And can you post (you can email it to me) the db.lg file ?

[collapse]