Missing field in proutil chanalys -csoutput?

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 20-Dec-2014 03:04

There is a mismatch between the number of data fields in dbname.ch.txt (16) and the number of fields in the header record when specifying -verbose (17).

Everything lines up up to Tenancy #, but in the data records it is followed by a character field and then a numeric field.  Whereas in the header there are two character fields between those two numeric fields:

|"Tenancy #"|"Partition Policy"|"Partition"|"Partition #"|

So is it the case that the Partition Policy field or the Partition field is missing from each data record, or is there an extra field name in the header record that shouldn't be there?

BTW this is in 11.5.

All Replies

Posted by Richard Banville on 22-Dec-2014 07:51

After a quick look at this, it seems that there is a data field missing for type I storage areas.

I believe it is the "Partition" column but that will need further confirmation.

_________________________________
Richard Banville
Fellow, OpenEdge Development

PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORPORATION

14 Oak Park | Bedford, MA 01730 | USA
DIRECT  +1 781 280 4875
richb@progress.com

[collapse]
There is a mismatch between the number of data fields in dbname.ch.txt (16) and the number of fields in the header record when specifying -verbose (17).

Everything lines up up to Tenancy #, but in the data records it is followed by a character field and then a numeric field.  Whereas in the header there are two character fields between those two numeric fields:

|"Tenancy #"|"Partition Policy"|"Partition"|"Partition #"|

So is it the case that the Partition Policy field or the Partition field is missing from each data record, or is there an extra field name in the header record that shouldn't be there?

Posted by Richard Banville on 22-Dec-2014 08:49

Yes, this is indeed the case.  I will make sure a bug gets filed for this issue.

[collapse]
There is a mismatch between the number of data fields in dbname.ch.txt (16) and the number of fields in the header record when specifying -verbose (17).

Everything lines up up to Tenancy #, but in the data records it is followed by a character field and then a numeric field.  Whereas in the header there are two character fields between those two numeric fields:

|"Tenancy #"|"Partition Policy"|"Partition"|"Partition #"|

So is it the case that the Partition Policy field or the Partition field is missing from each data record, or is there an extra field name in the header record that shouldn't be there?

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 22-Dec-2014 09:24

Thanks Rich.  This result was from a sports DB.  I'll try again with my application DB.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 22-Dec-2014 09:53

Confirmed, with Type II storage the chain csv file contains 16 fields per record for the control and schema areas and 17 fields per record for Type II data areas.

This thread is closed