OpenEdge Management Charts

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 11-Dec-2014 06:19

Hello,

Does anyone know when in OpenEdge Management will implemented more modern and more convenient charts? This at least is in the plans?

Regards,
Valeriy

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Dec-2014 06:36

It’s on the roadmap, in making, Valera, most probably (don’t quote) me next version.

[collapse]
From: Valeriy Bashkatov [mailto:bounce-Arelav2@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:20 PM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] OpenEdge Management Charts

Thread created by Valeriy Bashkatov

Hello,

Does anyone know when in OpenEdge Management will implemented more modern and more convenient charts? This at least is in the plans?

Regards,
Valeriy

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 11-Dec-2014 06:27

I wonder if Telerik controls can/will be leveraged?

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Dec-2014 06:36

It’s on the roadmap, in making, Valera, most probably (don’t quote) me next version.

[collapse]
From: Valeriy Bashkatov [mailto:bounce-Arelav2@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:20 PM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] OpenEdge Management Charts

Thread created by Valeriy Bashkatov

Hello,

Regards,
Valeriy

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Matt Baker on 11-Dec-2014 07:19

Can you give us an idea of what you are looking for in terms of " more convenient" charts?

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 11-Dec-2014 10:35

Something even a manager can understand! :)

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 11-Dec-2014 10:45

It's software, not magic. :)

Posted by TheMadDBA on 11-Dec-2014 11:04

How about a popup alert that just randomly alternates between "You need better/more disks/memory/cores/design/peer review" :)

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 11-Dec-2014 11:15

Ship it!

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 12-Dec-2014 01:36

Hi Libor,

That's all I wanted to know.

I look forward to these changes. It is very difficult to sell OpenEdge Management now, when I show it to potential customers, they all laugh at these ancient charts)))

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 12-Dec-2014 01:45

Hello Matt Baker,

How about the use of Zabbix? A simple example from one of my clients

of course, users must be possible to create private collection of graphs based on specific data from the database - need more flexibility. And one more thing, it must be possible to track changes in real-time based on the variable polling interval.

Zabbix it is Open Source software, so, do not need to invent something of their own, enough to see how others are doing it already and do the same.

Posted by Matt Baker on 12-Dec-2014 09:48

We're looking into improving the charts and we've already started using some newer technology with the few charts for OE PAS.  We started with some D3 based charts for OEPAS.  Now that that Progress and Telerik are part of the same company we'll be investigating using kendo-ui charts.

Are there specific charts you want, or is this a request for "let me pick which field I want to graph from everything that is available".

Posted by James Palmer on 12-Dec-2014 10:11

Certainly being able to chart various things next to each other would be useful. So something like the Sparklines in Kendo UI - demos.telerik.com/.../remote-data-binding

But yes, giving the user the option to chart whatever they want would be of huge use, particularly if you can link it to the stats collected in the VSTs etc. Would be very useful for identifying performance issues and bottlenecks.

I know you can do a lot of that with TP products, but you should be able to do useful things like that in Progress products.

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 16-Dec-2014 01:28

[quote user="Matt Baker"]

Are there specific charts you want, or is this a request for "let me pick which field I want to graph from everything that is available".

[/quote]
I think that there should be a standard pre-configured set of charts, and additionally the DBA should be able to create their own sets based on its own data from the database (VST, etc.).
P.S.
I'm sorry that did not immediately respond. I did not receive notification from the Progress Community about new messages (

This thread is closed