Tabel partitioning

Posted by j.kattestaart on 22-Nov-2014 08:19

Becase the workshops at the latest EMAU PUG were a disaster, i'm trying to complete the labs on my laptop. However the creation of a policy fails: "Cannot modify _Ianum-Data of an existing PartitionPolicyDetail Row. What is this??

Posted by j.kattestaart on 23-Nov-2014 15:04

Yes this seems to work. Look a bit buggy though....

thx for your help!

John Kattestaart
jkattestaart@gmail.com

[collapse]
2014-11-23 8:00 GMT+01:00 Jarmo Nieminen <bounce-jniemine@community.progress.com>:
Reply by Jarmo Nieminen
Hello!

Can you try to define partitions first, without selecting "Split-Target" and then click Commit button. After that double click partition again and select now Split-Target + click Commit. I have seen that sometimes this will get an error, if you try to commit both (partition + split target) in the same time.

Jarmo

On 22 Nov 2014, at 23:37, Libor Laubacher <bounce-llaubach@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Libor Laubacher
Can you add more details on what exactly are you doing and/or add a screenshot ?

[collapse]
From: j.kattestaart [mailto:bounce-johnkattestaart1@community.progress.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:02 PM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] Tabel partitioning

Reply by j.kattestaart

Libor,

I als used the partition button (it was told at the workshop), but all actions have no success.

And yes it's WAS the wifi, but for those who joined the workshops it was quite disappointing...

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Jarmo Nieminen on 23-Nov-2014 00:59

Hello!

Can you try to define partitions first, without selecting "Split-Target" and then click Commit button. After that double click partition again and select now Split-Target + click Commit. I have seen that sometimes this will get an error, if you try to commit both (partition + split target) in the same time.

Jarmo

On 22 Nov 2014, at 23:37, Libor Laubacher <bounce-llaubach@community.progress.com> wrote:

Reply by Libor Laubacher
Can you add more details on what exactly are you doing and/or add a screenshot ?

[collapse]

Reply by j.kattestaart

Libor,

I als used the partition button (it was told at the workshop), but all actions have no success.

And yes it's WAS the wifi, but for those who joined the workshops it was quite disappointing...

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 22-Nov-2014 12:43

Don’t assign the storage areas on the “main” page (and most obvious place), but click on Partitions button and assign them from there.
And the workshop IMO wasn’t a disaster, the network connectivity however was.

[collapse]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:20 PM
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] Tabel partitioning

Thread created by j.kattestaart
Becase the workshop at the latest EMAU PUG were a disaster, i'm trying to complete the labs on my labtop. However the creation of a policy fails: "Cannot modify _Ianum-Data of an existing PartitionPolicyDetail Row. What is this??

[/collapse]

Posted by j.kattestaart on 22-Nov-2014 15:01

Libor,

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 22-Nov-2014 15:36

[collapse]

Reply by j.kattestaart

Libor,

[/collapse]

Posted by Jarmo Nieminen on 23-Nov-2014 00:59

Hello!

Jarmo

Reply by Libor Laubacher

[collapse]

Reply by j.kattestaart

Libor,

[/collapse]

Posted by j.kattestaart on 23-Nov-2014 15:04

Yes this seems to work. Look a bit buggy though....

thx for your help!

John Kattestaart
jkattestaart@gmail.com

[collapse]
2014-11-23 8:00 GMT+01:00 Jarmo Nieminen <bounce-jniemine@community.progress.com>:
Reply by Jarmo Nieminen
Hello!

Jarmo

Reply by Libor Laubacher

[collapse]

Reply by j.kattestaart

Libor,

[/collapse][/collapse]

This thread is closed