Tabel partitioning

Posted by j.kattestaart on 22-Nov-2014 08:19

Becase the workshops at the latest EMAU PUG were a disaster, i'm trying to complete the labs on my laptop. However the creation of a policy fails: "Cannot modify _Ianum-Data of an existing PartitionPolicyDetail Row. What is this??

Posted by j.kattestaart on 23-Nov-2014 15:04

Yes this seems to work. Look a bit buggy though....

thx for your help!

John Kattestaart
jkattestaart@gmail.com

Reply by Jarmo Nieminen
Hello!

Can you try to define partitions first, without selecting "Split-Target" and then click Commit button. After that double click partition again and select now Split-Target + click Commit. I have seen that sometimes this will get an error, if you try to commit both (partition + split target) in the same time.

Jarmo