between openedge 11.1 and openedge 11.3 windows 64-bit

Posted by monae on 11-Nov-2014 03:45

i created a database using openedge 11.3 , and i was able to run it from openedge explorer 11.1 is that right , we were not able to do that with pevious versions so i found it weird , just i'd loved to share it with you and check if anyone has comment on it

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Nov-2014 03:57

If you created db under 11.3 and then you used OEE 11.1 to start it as managed, it will be started under 11.1.

If you added the 11.3 db as scripted under OEE 11.1 then I believe that’s always been the case. (I mean it being possible).

[collapse]
From: monae [mailto:bounce-monae@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 10:46 AM
To: TU.OE.RDBMS@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE RDBMS] between openedge 11.1 and openedge 11.3 windows 64-bit

Thread created by monae
i created a database using openedge 11.3 , and i was able to run it from openedge explorer 11.1 is that right , we were not able to do that with pevious versions so i found it weird , just i'd loved to share it with you and check if anyone has comment on it

Posted by monae on 12-Nov-2014 01:50

yeah i meant even if we proserve a database  using 11.1  windows 64-bit for a database created using 11.3   it works  .

in older version before 11  under sparc solaris 10  used to give wrong version  could not run  .

any way just i wanted to check if it is ok  ....

Posted by TheMadDBA on 12-Nov-2014 10:11

Major version changes (9 to 10,10 to 11) change the internal database structures. Minor version changes may or may not upgrade the internal structures (some in V10 did, some didn't).

It is not always guaranteed that you can run multiple versions with the exact same copy of the database (like you did), so it best to check the release notes, knowledge base or open a support call with PSC.

This thread is closed