what have to be monitored in db using promon

Posted by aaravindhantj on 02-Oct-2014 05:30

Sir

any body explain what are the main activities that has to be monitored using promon in daily routine to sustain the db

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 02-Oct-2014 05:35

Firstly - I have flagged your posts as spam/abuse. The last 3 threads you created that is.

Secondly - the URL from James Palmer works just fine and points to the very first thread you created, which I believe you know quite well. You just decided to ignore it.

Now to your "question" - what do YOU think the activities are and should be? Why don't YOU try to play with promon and come up with what YOU think is important and then it can be discussed and explained here.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 02-Oct-2014 05:35

Firstly - I have flagged your posts as spam/abuse. The last 3 threads you created that is.

Secondly - the URL from James Palmer works just fine and points to the very first thread you created, which I believe you know quite well. You just decided to ignore it.

Now to your "question" - what do YOU think the activities are and should be? Why don't YOU try to play with promon and come up with what YOU think is important and then it can be discussed and explained here.

Thanks.

Posted by gabriel.lucaciu on 02-Oct-2014 09:29

In order to sustain Libor, please have a look over the Progress documentation of promon:

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html.

Posted by jbr66 on 07-Oct-2014 04:08

Hi,

First of all I agree with Libor that YOU should decide what you want to do with promon. However I can give you some examples I'm using promon for:

- verify DB checkpointing mechanism

- writing in variable extents

- verify database settings

Kind Regards,

Jbr

Posted by Richard Shulman on 07-Oct-2014 13:43

Another things to look at are long running transactions in the R&D,1,4,3.

However "long" is a subjective term and is very dependent on the application code and the system performance.

Posted by gus on 07-Oct-2014 21:39

will you please stop asking the /same/ question over and over again?  and stop making a different title each time. you are being quite tiresome.

Posted by DLC1984 on 11-Oct-2014 06:52

Get a copy of Dan Foreman's Progress Performance Tuning Guide....it has a large section on promon and what's important on the various screens

[collapse]
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM, gus <bounce-gus@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by gus

will you please stop asking the /same/ question over and over again?  and stop making a different title each time. you are being quite tiresome.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed