Need to change collation basic to basic_i

Posted by ashkumar on 12-Sep-2014 07:29

Hi All

Please help us to change the Openedge Database from code page change from iso8859-1 to UTF-8 and Basic collation to Basic_i collation.

Existing Database details

================

• Database type: PROGRESS
  • Database version: 11
  • Database code page: iso8859-1
  • Database collation: basic

Regards

Ashok

Posted by Paul Clare on 22-Sep-2014 06:21

Hi Ashok,

Take a look at article 000001378.  Although OpenEdge 11 doesn't support Basic_i collation.  I never heard of this collation?  Assuming it is a valid collation you could always create your own Basic_i collation based on the basic collation in DLC\prolong\eng\88591.df.  Then load it as described in the article.

Paul.

All Replies

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 12-Sep-2014 07:43

Please accept my apologies in advance, but RTFM. These forums are meant to help you learn and get passed obstacles.  They are not here to do your job for you. Try and figure it out on your own and when you get stuck or you're not sure about something, ask here and 20 people (including myself) will jump at the chance to help you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtfm

Ok - now I'll go have another coffee.

Paul

Posted by Paul Clare on 22-Sep-2014 06:21

Hi Ashok,

Take a look at article 000001378.  Although OpenEdge 11 doesn't support Basic_i collation.  I never heard of this collation?  Assuming it is a valid collation you could always create your own Basic_i collation based on the basic collation in DLC\prolong\eng\88591.df.  Then load it as described in the article.

Paul.

This thread is closed